Wednesday, 31 March 2010

The magic lights in Wake Green Park will light your way!

I took a very short video of the lights in the main garage in Wake Green Park.

A sensor notices when someone/a car is in the area, and full lighting comes on. Clever!




Obviously this saves energy when the garages are not in use, thus keep the 'green' in Wake Green Park! :)

PS. There's some quite nice birdsong in the background of the video! We have several bird boxes around the park. I'll blog about them soon.

5 comments:

Marcos said...

Problem I've got with that is that you can be offloading in your garage and the lights will switch off, you're left in the dark! I think the timers need to be adjusted to accommodate for this...

Karen Strunks said...

Ah, I didn't realise that could happen. I suppose you have to swing your arms about it get the lights on again? Not ideal when you are in the middle of offloading.

Marcos said...

Yup, that's exactly what I have to do! Or run up to the sensor to get it to switch 'em on again *sigh* Not ideal! Here's hoping the lighter nights will alleviate this a tad..!

Karen Strunks said...

Ah yes, the lighter nights will help. I wonder if there is a way around this for winter time though?

Will you be coming to the Open Forum on the 21st? I'm going to blog and ask if some residents would like to go to the Covered Wagon on Yardley Wood Road for after meeting drinks :)

Marcos said...

I doubt I'll be available for the Open Forum. Stupid busy at work, and when I get home I really can't be bothered to venture out again! My evenings are my relax-time..!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails