Sunday, 11 April 2010

Hello new readers!

You may be visiting the Wake Green Park website for the first from seeing a flyer I popped through your letterbox.

Welcome!

The idea behind the website is to help connect the community in Wake Green Park. It's a place for news, big and small!

It run by me, Karen Strunks, a WGP resident of 6 years.

As it's a community website, your input is welcome and encouraged. If you wish to write a blog post, send it to hello@karenstrunks.com and I will publish it. I understand that not everybody is happy to put their name on the internet, so if you many feel more confortable using your initials or a pseudonym.

Do you have any stories or photos about the park? What do you like about living here? Are there any improvements you would like? Would you like to organise social events? Let's get the conversation going between residents!

And on that note....

Put the 18th July in your diary and take part in The Big Lunch on Wake Green Park!



What is the Big Lunch?

It's a day, where around the country, people will be getting together with friends and neighbours. A party in the park if you like!

I've signed WGP up on the Big Lunch website, and you can put your name down, though you don't have to. Just bring yourself & some snacks/drinks!

Why take part?

It'll be fun & a great chance to meet your neighbours and make new friends on Wake Green Park!

I'll write more about the Big Lunch as the 18th July approaches, in the meantime, save the date!

Thank you for visiting the Wake Green Park website. I hope you will come and visit again. Don't forget you can comment on any blog posts too :)

10 comments:

Karen said...

Wow, what a good idea Karen! Both the blog and the lunch should be a great way of getting to know people living on the estate. I'll be getting out my mixing bowl and making some cupcakes for the party :-)

Karen (yes, another one!)

Karen Strunks said...

Hi Karen (another one?!) lol,

Thank you for your comment. Really glad you like the site & the Big Lunch idea.

Yes, I think it's a great way of getting to know your neighbours. I'm sure your cupcakes will be snapped up very quickly! :)

Marcos said...

Hey Karen, I'm your latest "follower" Lived on WGP for about 10 years now, over in Royston Court.
Great idea!
Will be frequenting regularly to catch new posts as often as I can :-)

Marcos said...

Hey, I'm up for some cupcake action myself!
Let Battle Commence :-)

Karen Strunks said...

Hi Marcos,

thank you for your comment! Glad you like the blog. Nice to meet you! :)

Karen Strunks said...

Hey Karen (the other one!), Looks like one of your cup cakes has Marcos' name on it!

I don't think I can beat cupcakes. Perhaps sausage rolls ;)

Marcos said...

Cupcakes are my Passion!! Looks like I got competition!!!
Bring it on Karen (the other one!) Show me what you got..! ;-)

Karen said...

Oh god, im just a beginner in the world of baking! Good job i have a few months to perfect them!!!

Kate said...

Hi all, I moved to WGP 2 months ago and have noticed how many young professionals live here. I have often wondered about possible ways to meet my neighbours and organise some social events. This site is a GREAT idea Karen! Would be lovely to get some summer social activities on the go....Hope to meet some of you soon :-)

Karen Strunks said...

Hi Kate! Thanks for your comment. Nice to 'meet' you!

Hope you can come along to the Big Lunch on the 18th July.

If you want to organise something social you are welcome to use the blog to get the message out. Just drop me a mail :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails