Did you know…?
• You’re twice as likely to die in a fire if you don’t have a smoke alarm that works.
• 90 people die each year because the battery in their smoke alarm was flat or missing.
• Over half of home fires are caused by cooking accidents.
• More than five fires a day are started by candles.
• Every three days someone dies from a fire caused by a cigarette.
- If you haven't already got any, they will install FREE smoke alarms
- They will do a risk assessment of your flat and make recommendations and give advice
- They will help you plan an escape route in case there is a fire
How to book your free fire safety check?
Call FREE on 0800 389 5525 and book an appointment or visit their website and book online.
I had this done a few years ago and it certainly gave me peace of mind and they highlighted an area of improvement (I had too many electrical items in one plug!). They also reassured me that my doors conformed to fire safety requirements and would keep a fire at bay and that a fire wouldn't spread from one flat to the next. Also they installed two smoke alarms.
Don't be surprised that they will turn up in their fire engine in their uniforms! Naturally they are on call all the time and have to be ready to dash off in an emergency!
Anyway, just thought I would pass this on to Wake Green Park residents. It's worth doing for peace of mind, it's free and takes approx 30 minutes.
And remember to put 18th July in your diary for the Wake Green Park Big Lunch! Come and enjoy a day out in our park and meet your neighbours and makes some new friends! :)